Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Mess Free Energy Crackers





We all love some crunch from time to time and often run to the store for chips or crackers and I make no difference, Especially when it is summer and I would really love to have something salty to compliment my beer or if I am super bored/hungry at work. This is why I decided to develop a recipe that comes together in no time, is mess free, super easy, simple and delicious. So here it is - the energy crackers.

What you will need: 

1 cup of mixed raw seeds - I used sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sunflower seeds and chia seeds. 

1/2 cup of regular white flower

1/2 cup of graham flower

1 tee spoon baking soda

1/2 tee spoon salt

2 tbs, oil

1 tee spoon vinegar

water 

The preparation is super easy. All you need to to is to mix all dry ingredients together first. I used my handy-dandy chopper for this purpose. Once mixed well I added my oil and vinegar and mixed again. As my mixture was a little too dry I started slowly adding water to it just until a ball of dough is formed - for me it was about 50ml. You want the dough to be nice, soft and pliable and not sticky. If it gets sticky just add some more white flower, until you can work with it.

Once it is formed you can divide it into sections so it will be easier to work with, As I said it is a mess free recipe so I rolled my crackers directly on the backing sheet, that I was about to put in the oven, however I decided that I want to make my little snacks into circles so with a glass I cut the shapes and transferred them to another sheet. Then I put them in my preheated oven on 200 C until they slightly changed color and got crispy - lets say - 6 -8 min. But your oven might be different, so just keep an eye on them.



As the dough is so forgiving I didn't have to use any additional flower to roll it and form it. I usually use some non stick black foil that I found in LIDL. The foil is reusable, so when you are done with backing you just wash it with some dish soap and let it dry, so it is nice and ready for the next time. It really saves me so much hassle as it is sooo much easier to use than regular backing paper.

The babies you see above are now ready to enjoy. My favorite way to do it is by spreading some cheese (white, cream, cottage, curds, everything works) on top of them - and devouring. But you can also serve them with some garlic butter, or something sweet like honey or jam -  They are supper filling and do not contain any excessive amounts of salt and preservatives. Everything took me an hour - including the "cleaning" afterwards and I have an amazing snack, that I am totally getting to work tomorrow!

I hope you will give them a try and let me know how you like to eat them.




No comments:

Post a Comment